“The Briefing” (Speech: 8-10 mins, Questions: 5 mins)
- Apply the key steps in the preparation of a briefing and the organization of material.
- Give a briefing according to a specific objective so the audience will have an understanding of the information.
- Effectively handle a question-and-answer session following the briefing.
“The Technical Speech” (8-10 mins)
- Convert a technical paper or technical material and information into a technical speech.
- Organise a technical speech according to the inverted-pyramid approach.
- Write a technical speech as “spoken language,” not as an article.
- Give the speech by effectively reading out loud.
“Manage and Motivate” (10-12 mins)
- Understand the concept and nature of motivational method in management.
- Apply a four step motivational method with the objectives to persuade and inspire.
- Deliver a motivational speech to persuade an audience to agree with your management proposal.
“The Status Report” (10-12 mins)
- Organize and prepare a status report involving the overall condition of a plan or program, or performance of a department or company in relation to goals.
- Construct the report according to a four-step pattern.
- Give an effective presentation of the report.
“Confrontation: The Adversary Relationship” (Speech: 5 mins, Questions: 10 mins)
- Understand the definition and nature of the adversary relationship.
- Prepare for an adversary confrontation on a controversial management issue.
- Employing appropriate preparation methods, strategy, and techniques, for communicating with an adversary group as the representative of your company or corporation